Financial Support for Students
Limited financial support will be available to provide additional opportunities for students to participate in the conference. For students who are awarded financial support, all registration fees will be waived and accommodations will be provided. Depending on available funds, accommodations may be offered as shared rooms. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed and must be covered by the student’s home institution or other funding sources.
To be eligible for student financial support, the individual must:
- Be enrolled in a college/university PhD, Master’s, or Bachelor’s degree program. Individuals who will have completed their degree up to 3 months prior to the conference may be considered if funds are available.
- Be working in a field related to the topics covered by the SRF conference.
- Submit an abstract to the conference.
- Be able to attend the entire conference. Participation in the tutorials is encouraged.
- Be willing to assist the LOC during the conference.
- Fill in and submit the conference registration form by 27 March 2023 (do not pay the registration fees before finding out whether you will receive financial support).
Student support recipients will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the field
- Whether the student is the primary author of a contribution to the conference
- The strength of the letter of support
- The available funds
All student awardees are expected to present a poster in the student poster session held in conjunction with the opening reception. These posters must also be displayed during the regular poster sessions. In addition, supported students will be assigned light duties during the conference, such as assisting session chairs, handling microphones during question-and-answer periods, assisting with poster session preparations, and helping the conference secretariat.
Applications should be sent to SRF23@frib.msu.edu with the following information:
- CV or resume
- SRF 2023 abstract title and abstract ID number
- A brief letter explaining the need for financial support.
- A letter of support from your advisor, department, or institution that confirms your position, your research, and your financial need.
- A copy of a document certifying your academic enrollment (e.g. semester registration) or your recent completion of degree.
Applications for support must be received by Monday, 27 March 2023. Student support awardees will be notified by Monday, 03 April 2023 and are required to respond with formal confirmations by Friday, 07 April 2023.
Participants travelling internationally are reminded that they are responsible for their travel visa applications, if needed.