The 7th International Conference on "Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei" (ICFN7) will be held October 31st to November 6th, 2021 at Sundial Beach Resort on Sanibel Island in Florida, United States. The conference is sponsored by the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (NSCL) and the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB), Vanderbilt University, and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
ICFN7 is the continuation of a long series of topical conferences on fission and properties of neutron-rich nuclei that started in 1997. The scope of ICFN7 will be similar to that of the previous ones, held in Scotland, and Sanibel Island in US. Invited and contributed speakers will present recent results of theoretical and experimental studies and future prospects in the following areas;
• Fission Modes and Reactions: Neutron-induced fission, photo-fission, charged particle-induced fission, Coulomb fission, fusion-fission.
• Fission Processes: Neutron and gamma multiplicities, energy spectra, prompt and beta-delayed emissions, fragment properties in energy and spin, fission fragment spectroscopy, cold fission, ternary fission, fission isomers, fission product yields.
• Properties of Neutron-rich Nuclei: Decay properties, masses, nuclear structure, nuclear astrophysics.
• Fragmentation and Accelerated Beams of Neutron-rich Nuclei: Coulomb excitation, transfer reactions, deep inelastic collisions and present and future facilities for rare isotope beams.
• Super Heavy Elements: Current status of super heavy element research, decay spectroscopy, chemistry of SHE, production methods and current and future facilities.
The best way to reach the Sanibel Island is flying to the Southwest Florida International Airport (Fort Myers, Florida). The distance from the Southwest Florida International Airport to the Sundial Beach Resort (Sanibel Island, Florida) is 27 miles (see Google map ).